Water transfer is the easiest and "stress-free" way to get from Marco Polo Airport to Rialto. You could choose from
- the public transport called Alilaguna
- hire a Private Water Taxi.
PROS & CONS
A private water taxi can take you to Rialto in a very short time - 30 minutes - but the price is higher than that of the regular taxis in the cities. On the other hand, though Alilaguna has several interconnecting routes with a very competitive price, the trip is longer - 55 minutes to Rialto.
At the Arrival Hall, please follow the ''WATER TRANSFER'' sign below.
This sign will take you to the first floor, towards the Moving Walkway. After about a 10 minute walk, you will reach the pier from where all boats leave for Venice - both taxis and Alilaguna boats.
The taxi docks are either dock number 1 or dock number 2.
Alilaguna is a private company specialized in public transport and manages the additional services in the Venitian lagoon.
WHICH line should I take?
Alilaguna Orange Line
HOW much does the water transfer to Rialto costs?
€ 15,00 ONE WAY / € 27,00 ROUND TRIP. Kids under 5 years of age travel free of cost.
WHERE can I buy the tickets?
1. Online here. You will receive a voucher that must be changed into a ticket at any Alilaguna ticket office before getting on board. Alilaguna offers a little discount online.
2. Ticket Offices: there are many Alilaguna ticket offices around the city.
3. Authorized Resale Shops: there are many Alilaguna authorized resale shops around the city. Tickets can be bought at certain Tobacco shops and ACTV ticket offices. The ones in the San Marco area are:
WHERE does the Orange line stops at Rialto?
The Orange Line stops at the line No. 1 landing stop, which is in front of the COOP supermarket. It is about 5 minutes away from the apartments.
For a private transfer, you can choose between direct water taxi transfer or car taxi + water taxi transfer.
The pickup area of the water taxi is the same as the Alilaguna and is stated above.
With the second option, the journey will be divided in two. A driver will be waiting for you at the Arrival Hall, drive you to Piazzale Roma and then hand you over to his colleague, who will pick you up with a water taxi and take you to Rialto.
HOW can I book a private taxi?
1. Marco Polo Airport - Arrival Hall. You can hire a water taxi at the Consorzio Motoscafi desk in the arrivals Hall. The agent will give you a voucher, which you'll hand to the driver at the taxi pier.
2. Contact Testa d'Oro' staff. We can book a private water taxi on your behalf.
HOW much does a private water taxi from Marco Polo to Rialto cost?
€ 120,00 for 4 people. Maximum amount of passengers: 14.
Extra passengers - € 10,00 + Extra luggages € 10,00.
Late night charge - from 22.00 to 7.00 € 10,00
WHERE does the Taxi stops at Rialto?
The taxi will stop at either Rialto Cerva (near the waterbus Line n. 2 stop) or Rialto Carbon (near the waterbus Line n. 1 stop). The taxi stop is dependant on the traffic limit of the Gran Canal.
For all the guests who stays at Testa d'Oro 4, the taxi driver will take you or pick you up directly to your apartment depending on the traffic limits of the area.