There are many ways to reach the city center from Marco Polo Airport:
1. Alilaguna - direct water transfer
2. ACTV - Bus line n.5 to Piazzale Roma and then the Waterbus line n. 2 to Rialto
3. Private Water Taxi - direct water transfer
PROS & CONS
We don't usually recommend the second option as it could cause delays, could possibly encounter traffic jams, could be extremely crowded and you need to change transport method once arrived at the bus station, Piazzale Roma.
Water transfer is definitely the easiest and "stress-free" way to get from Marco Polo Airport to Rialto.
A private water taxi can take you to Rialto in a very short time - 30 minutes - but the price isn't by far comparable to Alilaguna's. On the other hand, though Alilaguna has several interconnecting routes with a very competitive price, the trip is longer than the taxi's: it takes 55 minutes to reach Rialto.
If you wish to know more about the water taxi, please click here.
Alilaguna is a private company specialized in public transport and manages the additional services in the Venitian lagoon.
WHICH ALILAGUNA LINE SHOULD I TAKE TO REACH RIALTO?
Alilaguna Orange Line
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
€ 15,00 ONE WAY / € 27,00 ROUND TRIP. Kids under 5 years of age travel free of cost.
WHERE CAN I BUY THE TICKETS?
1. Online here. You will receive a voucher that must be changed into a ticket at any Alilaguna ticket office before getting on board. Alilaguna offers a little discount online.
2. Ticket Offices: there are many Alilaguna ticket offices around the city.
3. Authorized Resale Shops: there are many Alilaguna authorized resale shops around the city. Tickets can be bought at certain Tobacco shops and ACTV ticket offices.
AT MARCO POLO, WHERE SHOULD I TAKE THE ALILAGUNA BOAT?
Both the Alilaguna and the Private Water Taxi are located in the same area - Marco Polo's Pier.
At the Arrival Hall, please follow the ''WATER TRANSFER'' sign below. This sign will take you to the first floor, towards the Moving Walkway. After about a 10 minute walk, you will reach the pier.
WHERE IS THE ALILAGUNA STOP AT RIALTO?
The Orange Line stops at the line No. 1 landing stop, which is in front of the COOP supermarket. It is about 5 minutes away from the apartments.