THE WATERBUS IN VENICE
The waterbus is called “VAPORETTO” or “BATTELLO” in Italian. The service is offered by the ACTV company.
The City Centre Lines cross Venice mostly using the waterways of the Grand Canal and the Giudecca Canal. They leave from Tronchetto or from Piazzale Roma and go as far as the Lido di Venezia. The lines are 1, which stops at every landing stops, and 2, which stops only at the major landing stops. Route N is the night service, and starts from 00:09— 4:49.
The City Circle Lines go as far as Murano and the Lido di Venezia. The lines- 3, 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 5.2, 6.
The Lagoon Lines connect the external lagoon, like the islands of Murano, Burano, Torcello, Sant’Erasmo, S. Servolo and arrive as far as Punta Sabbioni and Chioggia. The lines are 12, 13, 14, 19
HOW much does the ACTV waterbus costs?
1. ONE WAY
One way ticket - € 7,50 Valid for 75 minutes since validation
2. DAILY TICKETS
- 1 Day ticket - € 20,00 Valid for 24 hours since validation
- 2 Days ticket - € 30,00 Valid for 48 hours since validation
- 3 Days ticket - € 40,00 Valid for 72 hours since validation
- 7 Days ticket - € 60,00 Valid for 7 days
3. SPECIAL TICKETS
- 3 Days + Rolling Venice + 1 Day Free Wifi - € 29,00 Valid for 3 days, 72 hours since validation
The Rolling Venice card is a discount Card for young people ages 6 to 29. This card holder may take advantage of the many discounts from some local businesses and the major museums in the city
- Children below the age of 6 travel free
- People in wheelchairs pay € 1,50 and tickets are valid for 75 minutes from validation
WHERE should I buy Public Transport Tickets?
You should buy them ONLINE here from the VENEZIA UNICA website or at any VENEZIA UNICA ticket offices or automatic ticket machines located at every waterbus landing stop. Most of the Tabaccherie sell tickets as well.
SHOULD I VALIDATE THE TICKETS?
Remember to ALWAYS validate your tickets before getting inside the waterbus.
You may download the app CHEBATEO, available on Google Store, Apple Store and Window Store.